top of page
- Thu, Oct 26Virtual Event, via ZoomOct 26, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via ZoomThis session will discuss managing grant finances (e.g., how many grants you need, sources of funding, handling shortfalls, where do you get money for equipment, deciding how big a lab you want to manage, etc.).
- Wed, Nov 29Virtual Event, via ZoomThe COBALT Spaces of Color Initiative: Lessons Learned Developing an Equity-Focused Support InitiativeNov 29, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via Zoom
- Tue, Dec 05Virtual Event, via ZoomDec 05, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via ZoomThis talk will focus on the current available literature and how this can be applied both to departmental and individual faculty’s approach to creating appropriate guidelines to support faculty.
- Thu, Feb 01Virtual EventFeb 01, 2024, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event1) Define sponsorship & recognize the roles that sponsorship can play in promoting career development; 2) Differentiate sponsorship from mentorship, & identify unique roles of sponsors and mentors; 3) Evaluate how sponsorship can accelerate the professional development of the sponsoree and sponsor.
- Thu, Sep 14Virtual Event, via ZoomSep 14, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via ZoomDr. Schreiber will review early health outcome data, early training and workforce indicators and provide examples of the heterogeneity experiences across the country.
- Thu, Jun 08Virtual Event via ZoomJun 08, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event via Zoom
- Wed, May 31Virtual EventMay 31, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event
- Tue, May 23PhiladelphiaMay 23, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PMPhiladelphia, 3000 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USAThe FOCUS Section for Women Residents and Fellows along with the Elizabeth Blackwell Society would like to invite you to an informal fellow/resident/medical student mixer on Tuesday May 23rd at 5:30 PM at Penn Park.
- Fri, May 19Virtual EventAn overview and discussion of the promotion process (Note: this session was designed for CE and Tenure track faculty)May 19, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual EventThe goal of the presentation to review the current promotion process at the Perelman School of Medicine. An important part of the presentation will be your questions and comments.
- Wed, May 10Virtual EventKeys to Success on the Academic Clinician Track (Note: this session was designed for AC track faculty only, please)May 10, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual EventThe focus of the Academic Clinician Track is excellence in clinical care and excellence in education. AC Faculty are expected to develop an Area of Concentration (AOC) in which they develop special knowledge and expertise. The track provides great flexibility and career opportunities for faculty.
- Fri, May 05Virtual Event via ZoomMay 05, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event via ZoomKey Objectives: 1. Define sponsorship and recognize the roles that sponsorship can play in promoting career development 2. Differentiate sponsorship from mentorship, and identify unique roles of sponsors and mentors 3. Evaluate how sponsorship can accelerate the professional development of both the
- Tue, Apr 18Virtual Event, via zoomApr 18, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via zoom
- Thu, Apr 13Jordan Law Auditorium (5th Fl)Apr 13, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PMJordan Law Auditorium (5th Fl), 3400 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USAJoin us for the 2023 Symposium, co-sponsored by Penn PROMOTES and FOCUS. This event will feature talks by Aletha Akers, Vice President for Research at the Guttmacher Institute and Jody Steinauer, Director, Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health and Director, Ryan Residency Program
- Fri, Mar 31Virtual Event, via zoomMar 31, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via zoom(Note: this session was designed for women faculty only, please)
- Wed, Mar 01Virtual Event, via zoomMar 01, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via zoom
- Thu, Feb 16Online Event, via ZoomTwice as Hard The Stories of Black Women Who Fought to Become Physicians, from the Civil War to the Twenty-First CenturyFeb 16, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMOnline Event, via ZoomJasmine will provide some background and discuss her new book, which will then be followed by a facilitated question and answer session.
- Thu, Jan 19Virtual Event, via zoomJan 19, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMVirtual Event, via zoomThis session will focus on community-based resources available to help older adults age in place-- at home. We will discuss pre-planning for potential medical or functional decline through actions to take once in crisis. We will also provide tips to keep older adults living well in their homes.
- Multiple DatesTue, Dec 13Online Event, via ZoomDec 13, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMOnline Event, via ZoomManaging & Responding to Discriminatory Patient Behaviors in the Clinical Learning Environment Part two of this series will be in an interactive workshop format.
- Tue, Oct 18Hirst Auditorium, 1st Floor, Dulles BldgOct 18, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMHirst Auditorium, 1st Floor, Dulles Bldg, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USAJoin FOCUS for an in-person discussion on fertility options at Penn as a trainee with Reproductive Endocrinology experts, followed by a panel of women physicians talking about their experiences with fertility options during training.
- Tue, Oct 18via zoomFOCUS Seminar: The Challenges of Caring for Our Elders: Continuing the Conversation and Developing StrategiesOct 18, 2022, 12:00 PM – Oct 19, 2022, 1:00 PMvia zoomAre you a caregiver of your parents, or an elderly relative or friend? Being a caregiver for an elderly loved one can be a challenge as we navigate meeting their needs. We will be continuing our discussion from earlier this year. Please join us to share challenges, strategies and resources in this
We Need Your Support Today!
bottom of page