top of page
- Thu, Jun 08Virtual Event via Zoom
- Wed, May 31Virtual Event
- Tue, May 23PhiladelphiaThe FOCUS Section for Women Residents and Fellows along with the Elizabeth Blackwell Society would like to invite you to an informal fellow/resident/medical student mixer on Tuesday May 23rd at 5:30 PM at Penn Park.
- Fri, May 19Virtual EventAn overview and discussion of the promotion process (Note: this session was designed for CE and Tenure track faculty)The goal of the presentation to review the current promotion process at the Perelman School of Medicine. An important part of the presentation will be your questions and comments.
- Wed, May 10Virtual EventKeys to Success on the Academic Clinician Track (Note: this session was designed for AC track faculty only, please)The focus of the Academic Clinician Track is excellence in clinical care and excellence in education. AC Faculty are expected to develop an Area of Concentration (AOC) in which they develop special knowledge and expertise. The track provides great flexibility and career opportunities for faculty.
- Fri, May 05Virtual Event via ZoomKey Objectives: 1. Define sponsorship and recognize the roles that sponsorship can play in promoting career development 2. Differentiate sponsorship from mentorship, and identify unique roles of sponsors and mentors 3. Evaluate how sponsorship can accelerate the professional development of both the
- Tue, Apr 18Virtual Event, via zoom
- Thu, Apr 13Jordan Law Auditorium (5th Fl)Join us for the 2023 Symposium, co-sponsored by Penn PROMOTES and FOCUS. This event will feature talks by Aletha Akers, Vice President for Research at the Guttmacher Institute and Jody Steinauer, Director, Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health and Director, Ryan Residency Program
- Fri, Mar 31Virtual Event, via zoom(Note: this session was designed for women faculty only, please)
- Wed, Mar 01Virtual Event, via zoom
- Thu, Feb 16Online Event, via ZoomTwice as Hard The Stories of Black Women Who Fought to Become Physicians, from the Civil War to the Twenty-First CenturyJasmine will provide some background and discuss her new book, which will then be followed by a facilitated question and answer session.
- Thu, Jan 19Virtual Event, via zoomThis session will focus on community-based resources available to help older adults age in place-- at home. We will discuss pre-planning for potential medical or functional decline through actions to take once in crisis. We will also provide tips to keep older adults living well in their homes.
- Multiple DatesTue, Dec 13Online Event, via ZoomManaging & Responding to Discriminatory Patient Behaviors in the Clinical Learning Environment Part two of this series will be in an interactive workshop format.
- Tue, Nov 15Online Event, via ZoomMarissa Piltz, MSW, LCSW, will be joining us to discuss advice on how to choose a long-term care facility and also to answer general questions.
- Thu, Nov 03Virtual Zoom Event
- Tue, Oct 18Hirst Auditorium, 1st Floor, Dulles BldgJoin FOCUS for an in-person discussion on fertility options at Penn as a trainee with Reproductive Endocrinology experts, followed by a panel of women physicians talking about their experiences with fertility options during training.
- Tue, Oct 18via zoomFOCUS Seminar: The Challenges of Caring for Our Elders: Continuing the Conversation and Developing StrategiesAre you a caregiver of your parents, or an elderly relative or friend? Being a caregiver for an elderly loved one can be a challenge as we navigate meeting their needs. We will be continuing our discussion from earlier this year. Please join us to share challenges, strategies and resources in this
- Fri, Oct 07PhiladelphiaURSponsored Kickoff Event (Note: registration is limited to proteges' and sponsors of the URSponsored Program)We’re so excited about this in-person gathering and look forward to seeing you on Oct. 7th. This is a unique opportunity to convene with Penn leadership along with your colleagues who are protégés’ or sponsors of this program.
- Fri, Oct 07Virtual EventThis year's theme is "Data to Drive Change: Applications in Science and Society." To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the FOCUS Fall Conference, this will be a free event! This year we are offering CME.
We Need Your Support Today!
bottom of page